Lately life has been… complicated. My husband is going on retirement soon, and is finding the prospect stressful, to say the least. There are also hordes of forms to fill out and submit.
I have two stalled tatting projects, and really don’t feel that I can just abandon them. However, they are on the back burner at the moment.
I have been keeping on with the lace knitting. 😉
I also promised my husband a jersey.
I am using an old jersey as a template. So far, so good. Apart from a quick game of thread chicken…
Then things got a little complicated with the front.
Yes, there are three needles, (not counting the cable needle holding a dropped stitch) and no, they are not double pointed. I managed to sort this out and soldiered on!
He wanted cables up the front.
I give you cables! And then realised that I hadn’t changed needles after completing the rib… Swearing abounded.
I pulled out to the rib and started again.
Oh, well. This is only my third jersey. I am never able to match the given tension, and so pretty much write my own version of patterns. (No, using different gauge needles doesn’t help)
My first was dead straight blocks with no shaping at all. Actually a good one to start off with and my son still wears it. My second ended up with gussets because I had measurement issues. I don’t wear it in public, but it is a favourite of mine. We will see how this one turns out.